Analysis of intracellular communication zone localization by electron tomography.
Eukaryotes maintain many organelles, which are compartments surrounded by lipid bilayers within cells. Due to the presence of these intracellular organelles, concentration differences of various substances are created inside and outside the membrane, and information transmission substances are stored in the organelle. In addition, it is suggested that many organelles form communication zone, exchange membranes lipids and contents. I focus on various subcellular organelles and analyze their structures and communication zone localization using both electron microscopy and electron tomography. I am also working on the development of automatic discrimination technology for multidrug-resistant bacterial image information using machine learning which has attracted attention in recent years.
- Niu, H., Xiong, Q, Yamamoto, A., Hayashi-Nishino, M., and Y. Rikihisa, Y. (2012) Autophagosomes induced by a bacterial Beclin 1 binding protein facilitate obligatory intracellular infection. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 109, 20800-20807.
- Hayashi-Nishino, M., Fujita, N., Noda, T., Yamaguchi, A., Yoshimori, T., and Yamamoto, A. (2009) A subdomain of the endoplasmic reticulum forms a cradle for autophagosome formation. Nat. Cell Biol. 11, 1433-1437.
- Hayashi, M., Raimondi, A., O’Toole, E., Paradise, S., Collesi, C., Cremona, O., Ferguson, S. M., De Camilli, P. (2008) Cell- and stimulus-dependent heterogeneity of synaptic vesicle endocytic recycling mechanisms revealed by studies of dynamin 1-null neurons. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A. 105, 2175-2180
- Ferguson, S. M., Brasnjo, G., † Hayashi, M. †, Wölfel, M., Collesi, C., Giovedi, S., Raimondi, A., Gong, L-W., Ariel, P., Paradise S., O’Toole, E., Flavell, R., Cremona,O., Miesenböck. G., Ryan, T. A., and De Camilli, P. (2007) A selective activity-dependent requirement for dynamin 1 in synaptic vesicle endocytosis. Science 316, 570-574. († Equal contributions)
- Tabata, K., Hayashi-Nishino, M., Noda, T., Yamamoto, A., Yoshimori, T. (2013) Morphological analysis of autophagy. Methods Mol. Biol. 931, 449-466.